By Ben Turner via SWNS
A beloved poodle who ate a chocolate Easter egg was rushed to vets with owners paying a £1,000 ($1,307) bill to keep their pet alive.
Buddy, three, fell critically ill after eating half the chocolate treat that is poisonous for dogs and was stowed away for festivities.
He soon started being sick with dark brown vomit and was rushed to a vet.
Buddy was put on a drip and held overnight before making a lucky recovery - though his owners had to foot a £1,000 vet bill.
The Kennel Club has warned pet owners to keep chocolate and sweets away from animals as Easter weekend approaches.
Bill Lambert, a dog health expert at The Kennel Club, said: "We want to remind all owners to keep an extra careful eye on their four-legged friends.
"Our furry companions can sniff out even the best hidden chocolate eggs and non-canine friendly confectionaries, as these worrying new statistics show."
Vicky Wentworth, of Agria Pet Insurance, added: "Often with more chocolate around, plus school holidays and unusual routines, it can be all too easy for dogs to get hold of Easter eggs and boxes of chocolates.
"Never underestimate just how adept a determined dog can be at getting hold of a treat they like the smell of - we are always surprised by the lengths some dogs go to to get what they want!
"So please keep chocolate, or anything toxic to your pets, far from their reach."
Stories and infographics by ‘Talker Research’ are available to download & ready to use. Stories and videos by ‘Talker News’ are managed by SWNS. To license content for editorial or commercial use and to see the full scope of SWNS content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an inquiry via our contact form.
Encuesta revela las mejores cosas de comprar en una pequeña empresa
La persona promedio comprar en una pequeña empresa 213 veces durante el año. Una encuesta reciente de 2,000 adultos reveló...
Study: Kids’ mental health and self-esteem can plummet starting at this age
The phenomenon applies to youngsters regardless of economic and family circumstances.
Tea with breakfast and wine with dinner could reduce risk of dementia
The number of dementia cases worldwide is expected to tripled to more than 150 million by 2050.
Study: COVID-19 vaccine provides substantial protection against reinfection
While many people have developed long-lasting natural immunity after contracting the virus, the new research shows that the COVID-19 vaccine...
Man born with half a body refuses to let it hold him back
"My independence is the thing I’m most grateful for."
- Shopping4 days ago
Why a lot of Americans plan to shop in person for Black Friday this year
- Holidays4 days ago
Healthy eating canceled for the rest of the year
- Small Biz4 days ago
Survey says these are the best things about shopping small
- Home6 days ago
Couple fixing house that’s been abandoned since the ’80s
- Sleep6 days ago
Average American loses this much sleep during the holidays
- Outer Space5 days ago
Check out NASA’s Artemis spacecraft’s stunning selfies
- Food & Drink6 days ago
Spicy food lovers more likely to think they’re hot
- Tech5 days ago
This $5.1 million submarine moves faster than a dolphin