Company selling $100 million apocalypse bunkers for the ultra-rich
"They are places of serenity and absolute safety for owners and their families."
By Dean Murray via SWNS
Want to survive the apocalypse in style? A company are offering to construct $100m ultra-luxury bunkers under your mansion.
Swiss firm Oppidum has unveiled its new L’ Heritage fortified underground residences for "the most powerful individuals in the world."
The 1,000sqm structures are described as "optimized for super-luxury everyday lifestyle, while prepared for all surface threats."
Arriving by surface helicopter pad, home-owners can descend fifteen meters below ground to enter a huge garage space designed for prestige car collections.
After passing through an airlock, fully equipped as a decontamination chamber, features include a private art gallery, secure meeting lounge, comfortable bedroom suites, indoor garden, spa and other leisure amenities for everyday use.
There is also a vault to store collections of art masterpieces, gold, cash and other valuables.
An optional armory can be installed and you can sleep easy knowing the structure is built to NATO-standard ballistic and blast protection levels, using high-density concrete with the same formulation used to build nuclear power plants.
"Our vision at Oppidum is to build the world’s most beautiful and secure contemporary fortified residences," said Jakub Zamrazil, Oppidum founder and chief executive officer.
"They are places of serenity and absolute safety for owners and their families.
"We are privileged to offer our clients the highest levels of service, creating beautiful places that will protect them, and their legacy, for generations to come.
“We take an optimistic view of the world. But not all events are foreseeable or preventable. It is wise to be prepared to weather the storm when necessary.
"In an uncertain world, an Oppidum provides peace of mind. It is a place of strength that enables our clients to preserve and protect what matters most.
"Oppidum is an extraordinary technical and professional challenge, entirely beyond any brief we have previously received for a secure space," said Marc Prigent, principal architect and designer of Oppidum L’héritage.
"Every project is conceived, designed and realized without compromise to be worthy of our clients, the most powerful individuals in the world.
"Concealed underground within their own domain, it is a place of absolute purpose, engineering integrity and state-of-the-art technology that also offers a beautiful, elegant and entirely personalized living environment."
Tom Grmela, Oppidum Head of Communications, said: "The price depends primarily on location, size and fit out.
"An entry-level Oppidum starts at $10 million. Every client has different requirements and every Oppidum is bespoke — that is, designed to meet those individual requirements.
"Every existing residence presents different challenges according to location and site characteristics.
"Also, obviously, interior fit out can vary enormously in types of amenities and finish.
"There is no upper limit. For example L’Heritage model is around $100mil USD, which will vary on location and fit out."
Oppidum say their bunkers are available in the EU, UK, USA and UAE.
"An Oppidum integrates the highest levels of environmental and military protection systems seamlessly into a luxurious addition to an existing family estate, " the company said.
LUXURY BUNKER FEATURES:
- Applying technology from NASA, store rooms contain stocks of long-lasting and nutritious food, sufficient for months or even years. The separate medical room has its own secure storage for essential medical supplies.
- Access to the spacious underground garage, known as the Parc Fermé and guarded by an internal security gate, is via a hydraulically actuated ramp set into the ground so as to be almost invisible.
- Oppidum’s main entrance is an airlock, fully equipped as a decontamination chamber. It is enclosed by two sets of custom-made Oppidum blast doors. The outer door is controlled by a multi-biometric reader that simultaneously scans face, iris, palm and fingerprints.
- The inner blast door leads to a magnificent entrance hall laid with fine-grained solid wood flooring. Belying the fact that it is underground, the ceiling soars almost five meters overhead and is decorated with opulent hand-crafted glass chandeliers. All furniture is custom made.
- At the touch of a button, the opaque safety glass wall becomes transparent, revealing a private art gallery beyond. This unique space allows owners to enjoy their most treasured objects whenever they wish.
- The gallery is constructed to the same anti-intrusion standards as commercial bank vaults, meeting the strictest insurance company criteria. State-of-the-art fire protection, ventilation, temperature and humidity control systems keep collections of all types in perfect condition.
- The inner garden brings natural light, space and beauty to L’Héritage. In this seemingly magical space, flowers and plants are sustained by sophisticated automatic irrigation. Through full-light spectrum simulation, the sun rises and sets and the seasons change in the skylight overhead.
- The retreat also has a swimming pool, filled with saltwater or freshwater, plus a full collection of high-specification exercise machines to keep body and mind in peak condition.
- The hidden technology that sustains life underground is housed in a suite of technical rooms. The main systems operate autonomously, with backup circuits that respond instantly if required.
- An Oppidum has two independent air filtration units. The primary unit is designed for ordinary peacetime use. The secondary unit is a military grade chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) system.
- An Oppidum is fully airtight and gastight and can be completely isolated from the outside atmosphere if required. A unique high-pressure air reserve and internal circulation enables occupants to breathe normally and safely. The air filtration unit is equipped with a CO2 removal system, combined with an auxiliary oxygen supply that provides breathable air when there is insufficient or no fresh air entering the building.
- Water is supplied from deep underground by a private well, entirely independent of the public supply. In case of a power outage, blackout or instability in the grid, the power system seamlessly switches to one of its multiple fail-safe alternative power sources, including twin diesel generators and back-up batteries.
Stories and infographics by ‘Talker Research’ are available to download & ready to use. Stories and videos by ‘Talker News’ are managed by SWNS. To license content for editorial or commercial use and to see the full scope of SWNS content, please email [email protected] or submit an inquiry via our contact form.
World’s first mind-reading beer pump unveiled
"This is the world's one and only mind controlled, beer-pouring robot. It reads your mind and measures your mental focus."
SEE IT: Adorable video shows gorilla playing in the rain
"Bangori went for a dance in the rain!"
A third of parents believe their kids should be punished if they vape
“Most parents recognize the health risks of vaping and feel their child does too."
Too much screen time could lead to suicidal behavior in children: study
According to the team, adolescent screen time doubled to nearly eight hours a day at the start of the pandemic.
Man renovating kitchen discovers historic 400-year-old paintings
It is thought that the paintings may date back to 1660.
- Auctions7 days ago
Entire T. rex skeleton to be auctioned in Europe for the first time ever
- Tech7 days ago
Baby boomers adapt faster to smart home tech than any other generation
- Video1 week ago
Baby born ‘size of a toddler’ at almost 12 pounds
- Money1 week ago
Female business owners report improvement in work-life balance
- Outer Space4 days ago
Huge ‘doomsday’ blast from sun this week could have killed Earth’s internet
- Sleep1 week ago
Couples share tips for better sleep, including snoozing in separate beds
- Fashion & Beauty5 days ago
Designer creates $2,500 Teletubbies boots
- Health6 days ago
This party drug is more dangerous than cocaine: doctor